139) Usurpers of Christ.
Usurpers of Christ.
Proof scriptures :
A few example are:
1) Fake Bridegroom: In the Orthodox Liturgy the priest usurps the place of Christ in a Song of Solomon dialogue with "the church" where they speak in the place of Christ, and falsely occupy the place of the bridegroom. The only thing that complicates this is that the bride is also false, as the reality is a daughter of the Mother of Harlots, which is the city of Rome, from which Empire all the Orthodox heresies sprang, even the design of their pseudo spiritual uniforms.
2) Titular Head of the Church: The say their top bishop, The Titular Head, is the Head of the Church, using their usual oxymorons are get out clauses "The first among equals".
3) Heresy is contradicting them not Christ: They say heresy is contradicting them, and their counterfeit councils, not contradicting the Word of God, the Word of Christ himself, in the new and better covenant that makes the first old,
4) Catechumen Salvation Power: They say they can prevent a catechumen being born again or regenerated for years, until he finally convinces them he is a big enough Orthodox clone. Jesus emphatically stated unless a man is born again he cannot enter or see the Kingdom of God. These powers over the laity are false. A person is born again after believing on Christ for salvation, the exact moment of which rebirth is chosen by God in direct relationship with God, not by rites and rituals of priestcraft, not by the bogus rite of chrismation or unbiblical triple baptism,
5) God alone can forgive sins . The Orthodox will lie about this. It is a major embarrassment, they do believe their clergy forgive sins.
The Orthodox clergy are a modern day equivalent of Pharisees, who have erased the true influence of Christ from their false church (denying also the Holy Spirit is the primary teacher of each individual believer) thus usurping their influence over his. As it explains in John 11:48, they live for "their place", their part of a fake religious body where they receive greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called "father". As the early Quakers and Anabaptists proved, true Christianity is incompatible with worldliness. The Orthodox have therefore invented a false religion. As the Pharisees wanted Barrabas the Orthodox wanted Constantine instead of Christ, so they can keep "our place and our nation".
"But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours." Mark 12:7.
"If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation." John 11:48 .