30) They deny Sola Scriptura
They deny Sola Scriptura . ( bible )
They cannot even confirm the new testament contains all that is necessary for salvation, as dozens of their salvation add-ons are found nowhere in it.
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 3:16 .
In brief - Sola Scriptura is the belief tn the final authority is the Bible.
is about bible fundamentals, like salvation, not peripheral issues. The Catholics add to salvation itself. Further Jesus insisted you keep only what was revealed and add nothing else in Revelation
"that which ye have already hold fast till I come." Revelation 2:25 .
repeated in Jude:
"The Faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 1:3 .
A stunningly significant bible verse, where Jesus himself directs the church, at an early stage in history to "keep that which ye have" all the way to his return to Earth, thus an order not to believe all the Orthodox / Catholic add-ons their false churches teach.
Sola Scriptura in scripture:
"And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition."
"Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."
2 TIMOTHY 3:15
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." (saved through it)
2 TIMOTHY 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (infallible as inspired word for word)
If scripture has all we need for salvation, it means the rites, rituals and traditions of Orthodoxy and Catholicism (that they say save) that are man made add-ons cannot possibly save, and are furthermore therefore proven to be superfluous to salvation.
When God (through Paul) writes "all scripture" he means ALL scripture. Even the OT man was NEVER saved by works, as God accounted Faith as righteousness to Abraham. In the new covenant we have quote "grace upon grace". Chrism (for instance) is not found in scripture, but the message of salvation IS. Thus...... chrism and chrismation are bogus and not required for salvation. It is a Co-Saviour heresy that contradicts the definition of the gospel in 1 Cor 15:1-4, John 3:16, and Luke 24:44-48.
You must understand that the Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox do not like the concept of "sola scriptura" as it confirms the promise of John 3:16, that believing on Jesus alone saves. Their denies John 3:16 is true. They want to glue their "add ons" to the gospel that saves, works, penances, and priestcraft salvation rituals. They want to deny the concept of "saving Faith" which is trusting in Christ alone. Thus sola scriptura must be either denied, or modified into a strawman definition so it can be denied more easily.
PROOF OF THE TRUE BIBLE:
by FAITH we know the true bible:
1) Is the Gospel of John inspired? Answer - by Faith we know it is.
2) Is Bel and the Dragon inspired? Answer - NO - only a gullible fool thinks it is.
3) Catholics and Orthodox have bel and the dragon book, and thus by elimination we are left with the Evangelical / Protestant bible, as God PROMISES in Matthew 4:4 the word will be preserved on Earth word for word!
(Latin: by Scripture alone) is a Christian theological doctrine which holds that the Christian Scriptures are the sole infallible rule of faith and practice.
It says we should LIVE BY IT Matthew 4:4. It says it is INSPIRED. It says quote :
"All SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:". Do you think that it is a coincidence THAT IS 2 TIMOTHY 3:16
and the other INFALLIBLE is 1 TIMOTHY 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
A List of Infallible Traditions?
1) Orthodox bishop's hats covered in gold? "Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6
2) The Infallible holy belt of Mary? (The Theotokos)
3) Infallible crucifixes? they say thy "never do statues" what is a crucifix but a small statue?
4) Infallible icons that drip myrrh.
5) Infallible heresies
6) The infallible tradition that at some point in history the Jews threw "Bell and the Dragon" out of their bible. or alternatively - the infallible tradition that God inspired the book and the Jews have never accepted it as inspired, but did accept the rest of Daniel. Sounds like infallible bunk to me.
2) Every single new testament ms in Greek as far as I know says Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, so as I dont believe God would allow the ms of the bible to be ruined by any lies, I therefore do not accept that the PRESERVATION of those ms is a TRADITION they are a PRESERVATION.
A) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3: 16
THEOLOGICAL / TERMINOLOGICAL:
1) "Sola Scriptura (Lat., ‘by scripture alone’). The belief that the truths of Christian faith and practice can and must be established from scripture alone, without additions from, e.g., tradition or development. It is thus in contrast to Roman Catholicism and papal definitions of truth in matters of faith and morals (see INFALLIBILITY), although theoretically such definitions are said to be rooted in scripture." Encyclopedia.com
2) "Sola Scriptura—A Definition
By sola Scriptura Protestants mean that Scripture alone is the primary and absolute source for all doctrine and practice (faith and morals). Sola Scriptura implies several things. First, the Bible is a direct revelation from God. As such, it has divine authority. For what the Bible says, God says." equip.org
(goes on to define: definition, sufficiency, authority, clarity, interpretiveness)
3) "The phrase sola scriptura is from the Latin: sola having the idea of “alone,” “ground,” “base,” and the word scriptura meaning “writings”—referring to the Scriptures. Sola scriptura means that Scripture alone is authoritative for the faith and practice of the Christian. The Bible is complete, authoritative, and true. “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).
Sola scriptura was the rallying cry of the Protestant Reformation. For centuries the Roman Catholic Church had made its traditions superior in authority to the Bible. This resulted in many practices that were in fact contradictory to the Bible. Some examples are prayer to saints and/or Mary, the immaculate conception,transubstantiation, infant baptism, indulgences, and papal authority." got questions.org
4) "Question: What is Sola Scriptura?
Answer: Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone) is the doctrine that the Holy Bible, being the Word of God, is the only infallible rule of faith and practice for Christians in the post-apostolic age."" justforcatholics.org
Having indicated what sola Scriptura is, we must also discuss what it is not. Sola Scriptura is often misunderstood and misrepresented. I am dismayed and angered whenever I read Catholic literature on this subject because more often then not they are attacking a straw man.
1) Sola Scriptura is not a claim that the Bible contains all knowledge.
2) Sola Scriptura is not a denial of the church's authority to teach God's revelation.
3) Sola Scriptura is not a denial that historically God's Word came in other ways other than the written form.
4) Sola Scriptura does not imply that the Bible will always be interpreted correctly, or that there will not be differences and heresies among Christians.
5) "Sola scriptura (Latin ablative, "by Scripture alone") is the Christian doctrine that the Bible is the supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. Sola scriptura does not deny that other authorities govern Christian life and devotion, but sees them all as subordinate to and corrected by the written word of God." Wiki
"to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ Acts 26:18 .