96) Economia - discretionary deviation from the letter of the law
96) Economy, Economia - discretionary deviation from the letter of the law in order to adhere to the spirit of the law. Only bishops have such discretion,
It is an exceptionally, staggeringly serious doctrinal issue as the concept is used for instance:
1) to justify remarriage against the criteria of Matthew 5:32.
2) It may be used on the occasion of a conversion to Orthodoxy, in order to grant recognition to a baptism previously administered in a so called heterodox or schismatic church.
3) It may also be used to grant recognition to an ordination administered in a Roman Catholic or Anglican church if the convert comes from either of those communions.
A priestly form of this is in fact the basis of many controversial priest's decisions.
( doctrine ) ( sin )