34) The Hypostatic Union achieved reconciliation for man (and purged the corporate sin nature of mankind?)
Chalcedonian Creed and the Hypostatic Union
"The achievement of Christ is perfect Theosis of his human nature."
This strange doctrine is unique to Orthodoxy.
They are ambiguous about it. Catholics would make this clear and defend it. The Orthodox way is to be unspecific, That has one especially BIG problem. How God deals with sin, sin nature and reconciliation is part of the GOSPEL. How can you "believe the gospel" if the entire thing is foggy and obscure? This amounts to a very very convoluted and unclear so called "Orthodox Gospel that saves" adding of corse all their other add ons.
How can they possibly say that the Catholic and Orthodox Faiths believed the same doctrines up until the 1054 Schism with son many doctrines such as this that are unique to Orthodoxy, yet about such fundamental issues?
This topic is full of possible inbuilt contradictions in Orthodoxy, and I totally expect them never to clarify the issues surrounding its links with "ancestral sin" and "regeneration". Such as -
1) Was Jesus in his conception with "ancestral sin" (semi-Pelegian)
2) Did he then become Pelegian in nature?
3) Was all of mankind then changed by a miracle from "ancestral sin" to Pelagian (theologically unlikely)
4) If not were people born after the hypostatic union moment, incarnation, or birth of Christ then born without "ancestral sin nature"? (again unlikely - as some disciples were older in their humanity than Christ, and some younger, it would mean some were semi-Pelagian and some Pelagian)
5) If mankind after the hypostatic union is therefore still born with "ancestral sin nature" what exactly did Jesus achieve?
6) Is it not blasphemy to say the man Christ Jesus was born and walked the earth with"ancestral sin nature"? (Huge numbers of Protestants would say Jesus had the nature of unfallen Adam).
7) If Jesus had "ancestral sin nature" did Mary? In which case if she did that would be radically different to Catholics, so when did such an opposite view happen first? What decade? If they say "No no Mary was Pelegian and without "ancestral sin nature" Why is she in a superior state of nature to Jesus?
8) If Jesus made mankind Pelagian in the incarnation, then there would be no need for regeneration, as man would already be regenerated. The only real way to argue around this would be to say that "regeneration" is to become a son of God by spiritual rebirth, if you say a man already has a "nature tending toward good" as in Pelagianism, whereas Protestants see both as happening in the "rebirth / regeneration" event. .
9) If this is part of salvation, and "the gospel" at what decade in history did the Catholics from the Orthodox perspective "fall away and preach a false gospel"? As they neither believe in reconciliation via the hypostatic union nor Theosis. The Catholics do add Purgatory to their false "process of salvation" however, but then again the Orthodox match this via their equally bizarre and unbiblical Toll Houses trek.
Analysis of the phrase "Hypostatic Union" .
2 Philosophy an underlying reality or substance, as opposed to attributes or to that which lacks substance.
3 Theology (in Trinitarian doctrine) each of the three persons of the Trinity, as contrasted with the unity of the Godhead.
• [ in sing. ] Theology the single person of Christ, as contrasted with his dual human and divine nature.
It seems the word "Hypostatic" related to Greek Philosophy before being adopted into a description of Trinity as "underlying reality" which is better than "substance" which has heretical connotations (as God as far as revealed is pure Spirit) and this Orthodox idea of "substance of God" may have been what led to the heretical Orthodox idea of "energia of God", all consecutive false logic stemming from the use of a philosophy concept based in Greek mythology. I entirely believe in the Trinity, but the use of the word "Hypostatic" should not be taken for granted as accurate, as its not in the bible.
34) That the sin of mankind was purged in the incarnation (thus not Calvary). note...... discuss also "by his stripes we are healed".
and the Hypostatic Union -
(notice they do not say salvation) In Orthodoxy reconciliation happens in the hypostatic union when Christ is conceived or some say born (the combination of divine and human natures in the single person of Christ.) when the perfection of God and "humankind in its totality" (that is human nature as a collective) are inseparably united in Jesus, (all that is Creator and all that is created) so God reconciles humanity to himself in the person of Christ.
The cross - in Orthodoxy is Christ entering into death to destroy the power of death, not to forgive sin (>>>) wow heresy. Jesus did not die to earn hell for those who would not be otherwise resurrected.
Eastern Church tends towards a therapeutic model of which sees sin as illness,
( salvation ) ( gospel)