Church plus State Oppression.
121) Christendom: the historical Orthodox concept of Christendom, closely linked with its almost twin heresy "Christian Empire" is one based in tyranny, bloodshed, and imprisonment and no real freedom, ( murder ) ( churchianity ) ( tyranny )
( authority ) ( people ) ( laity ) ( Empire )
122) Serfdom : the social / economic sins by a church that "cannot err"
( murder ) ( churchianity ) ( tyranny ) ( authority ) ( people ) ( laity ) ( Empire )
123) Churchianity - (derogatory) Any practices of Christianity that are viewed as placing a larger emphasis on the habits of church life, rites, rituals, and man made traditions, rather than on biblical theology and spiritual teachings and example of Jesus. ( churchianity )
124) Crypto-converts: their enforced pseudo "conversion" by threats. what kind of religion threatens people with prison, death or persecution if they do not pretend to convert? Huge numbers forced under their phony "saints equal to the apostles", Emperor Charlemagne etc
( murder ) ( churchianity ) ( tyranny )
( authority ) ( people ) ( laity ) ( Empire )
125) They are spiritual drunkards (Rev 17). INDOCTRINATION of children helps produce this. ( churchianity ) ( children ) Thus a low score on the "Corruption Perception Index".
126) Orthodoxy is an Anachronistic Faith (see 162): the sinister use of uniforms in the faith, and crowns and miters, is based on anachronistic comparisons with the old Roman Empire's clothing. Same with architecture and artifacts. They draw pseudo authority from an Empire that was from the start always evil. (conceptual)
( hypocrisy )
127) Ethno-Phyletism issues: this is a tricky issue as some churches where this "sin" goes on are in war torn areas where they wish to avoid people like shooters and suicide bombers and thus wish only to fellowship with people of the same ethnicity. (racism) ( murder )
128) Movable doctrines - "Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them." Proverbs 5:6. Orthodoxy give far less specific answers than Catholic scholars. If it became an embarrassment to them that their doctrine Jesus earned the resurrection for all means he died to burn people in Hell, I guarantee they would change it and say that they were misunderstood.
(conceptual) ( hypocrisy )
129) "All your sins will be forgiven if you go out on The Crusade" - I have yet to find out if the Orthodox Titular Head made the same promise in the Crusades in which the Byzantine half of the Empire participated. Remember that Orthodoxy makes the oxymoronic claim of being pacifist, which is more like in real terms the clergy don't fight, the "laity" must fight. If the Byzantine Orthodox were really pacifist and said so either the Catholics or Arabs would simply walk in and take over the Eastern part of the Empire unopposed. The Orthodox doctrine on this is an insult to the intelligence of their own church goers.
130) The persecution. imprisonment, murder, torture and banishment of real Christians. ( murder ) ( churchianity ) ( tyranny ) ( authority ) ( people ) ( laity ) ( Empire )
TOP 140 .
131) Canonization in Orthodoxy is called "Glorification to sainthood" - the form of - but Romans 1 tells us all believers are saints. ( saints ) ( churchianity )
133) Changing the meaning of the Greek expressions "believe on" and "believe in" - this means in Greek "to trust in" or "rely on" Jesus for salvation, obviously this is changed by Orthodoxy, just as the word grace is changed.
( salvation )
134) The Three hierarchs (three heretics actually). refers to
1) Basil the Great (also known as Basil of Caesarea), 329 - 379 AD,
sins: rules for monastic life (unbiblical), contributions to heretical canon law, and contribution to liturgies. (for centuries the Orthodox told the uneducated public he wrote the Liturgy of St. Basil now they try to retract that.
2) Gregory the Theologian (also known as Gregory of Nazianzus) . 330-389 AD,
sins: propagated the heretic Origen, Gregory seems to have been an early sacerdotalist (if so he was one of the most evil men who ever lived), his friend Gregory of Nyssa, may have supported some form of the doctrine of apocatastasis,
3) John Chrysostom. (researching) ( saints ) ( bogus saints )
135: Mortification: this topic has some biblical credibility, but not when it is used as a religious deception device, especially in the sense of it achieving purity or the forgiveness of sin, or connected with the hesychasm or monasticism.
( monks ) ( Catholic ) ( mystics )
136) Oversimplification of the character of God:
the Orthodox oversimplify God's character by saying that if God is love (a scripture) he cannot have wrath. It is a puerile oversimplification of God's character, (do we not also naturally and rightly feel angry about many of the worst crimes we hear of?)
They will even compare a God who has wrath with with demons like Baal and Moloch, in other words they say if God has wrath (he does) he is a sinner!!! Do not forget by saying these things they are talking also about the Holy Spirit.
This is involved in 2 other heresies
1) No wrath of God means no fires of Hell (loving them tortures them in Orthodox theology)
2) Jesus never saved us from the wrath of God when he died and rose again, as if he did he achieved salvation for us all on his own, a truth that destroys Orthodox pretensions about a process of salvation that is a synergy. ( God ) ( Hell )
137) Forgiveness of sin through Calvary denied - absurdly Orthodoxy argues that as Jesus forgave individual sin before the cross and resurrection. the gospel does not bring forgiveness to mankind (as if it did their junk priestcraft/works gospel falls apart). The fact that the gospel is not necessarily the only way God can forgive sin does not stop the fact that sin was and is washed away by his blood. One must remember the resurrection adds justification (to be made just in God's sight) as well as his crucifixion dealing with sin. ( salvation ) ( gospel)
and the Hypostatic Union -
(notice they do not say salvation) In Orthodoxy reconciliation happens in the hypostatic union when Christ is conceived or some say born (the combination of divine and human natures in the single person of Christ.) when the perfection of God and "humankind in its totality" (that is human nature as a collective) are inseparably united in Jesus, (all that is Creator and all that is created) so God reconciles humanity to himself in the person of Christ.
The cross - in Orthodoxy is Christ entering into death to destroy the power of death, not to forgive sin (>>>) wow heresy. Jesus did not die to earn hell for those who would not be otherwise resurrected.
Eastern Church tends towards a therapeutic model of which sees sin as illness,
( salvation ) ( gospel)
139) Renunciation of Errors (in Chrismation ceremonies) - renounce in public the Reformation and the Protestant / Evangelical gospel as false. Laughably they then later on masquerade as Evangelicals as the simple Evangelical gospel is too powerful to oppose. ( salvation ) ( gospel)
140) Denial of "the works of the flesh". The Orthodox are very tricky about this issue. They deny the doctrine of Catholicism of "venial sin and mortal sin" but avoid the more directly biblical issue that certain sins are put in the special classification of "works of the flesh". ( sin ) ( LAW )
141) A cherry-picking form of The Judaizing heresy - they cherry pick the old law now quote "done away" as if the old testament is there for them to pick and choose laws, and create a new syncretic faith (which is exactly what they have done). What is different about Orthodoxy is (unlike most Judaizing cults) the laws they cherry pick from Mosaic Law are blended with traditions that are entirely anti Mosaic Law (like leavended wine and bread in communion) and even aspects of antisemitism. They do not seem to understand old law was done away, was draconian ("that neither we nor our fathers could bear" - Peter) we do not pick, choose and reinvent bits to keep now, like "holy beards" or golden artefacts in the temple.
note: It is indeed a paradox that Eastern Orthodoxy is on the one hand strongly resists the Judaizing heresy of the so called "Hebrew Roots Movement" yet they have invented a syncretic religion that involves cherry picking old testament concepts and laws and mixing them with the new testament law. ( salvation ) (LAW)
142) They deny the character of the new covenant which is freedom - the new covenant is characterised by freedom in Christ, they adopt the most draconian concepts of the old Mosaic Covenant (described as done away) in order to bring believers in the new covenant era into religious bondage to clockwork religious concepts like keeping a plethora of feasts. In Christ we have freedom about days (Rom 16) and we have freedom in food (Col 2:21) what is more the imposed fast days and food regulations break another of Christs teachings - to keep your fasting a secret. ( salvation ) (LAW)
143) They deny the Millennium Kingdom - as far as my studies go so far, the Eastern Orthodox religion are amillennialist in their theology, probably because they cannot stand the thought Jesus will return, reign here, sweep away the fake sacerdotalist ministry, and rule with those who would not take the mark of the beast. In other words the Eastern Orthodox fake ministry will be swept away.
( Eschatology ) ( authority )
144) Candle lighting - are considered sacrifices to Mary and saints. Mentioned in Rev 18 as sins of the Whore of Babylon. More ritualism and churchianity practices instead of an ongoing relationship with God. They simply discovered people love to light candles, and used this human fascination to destroy human souls. Candles are often used in witchcraft. ( witchcraft ) ( prayer )
145) The liturgical year - the cycle of liturgical seasons, feast days, including celebrations of saints, to be observed in a display of foolish clockwork religiosity, having portions of Scripture to be read out like robots either in an annual cycle or in a cycle of several years. ( salvation ) ( liturgy ) ( forgery )
146) Canon Law - an admixture of truth and heresy that to the Orthodox has more authority than the new testament. (LAW)
147) Cathedrals - God's Cathedral in Acts was to be in nature by a river. Building big church buildings is largely an insult to the poor. ( churchianity )
( religious hypnotism )
148) Leavened Bread & alcoholic wine in the eucharist - the evidence of scripture would suggest the wine and bread were both unleavened. ( the mass )
149) Nepsis linked with Catharsis: Parallels could likely be made between nepsis and Jewish devekut. showing yet another Talmudic type root of Orthodox whoredom with religions. Both nepsis and catharsis have elements of truth but were systematized in links with monastic religious pretentions. ( monks ) ( gurus ) (Catholic)
150) Forbidding to interpret and have doctrines on the Book of Revelation - a clear attempt to hide from the Orthodox the evidence that Orthodoxy is a daughter of the Mother of Harlots. note... when Orthodoxy itself does interpret Revelation they seem to make one heresy after another - the woman in Rev 12 is Mary instead of Israel, they are amillennial, they claim the presence of incense in heaven means it is a divine directive to intoxicate church goers with clouds of it. ( eschatology )
151) The Canons of the Council of Nicea, and Nicene Creed (325) (and other Creeds) contain much heresy, yet are treated as if on a par with scripture.
( authority ) (LAW)
152) The church tradition (and thus infallible) that Cremation destroys the soul.
that any should could be annihilated is heresy, but this also denies Hitler (if he was cremated) escapes eternal punishment. ( tradition ) ( salvation ) ( death cult )
( burials )
153) Orthodox Christian (or Christian) should or must be buried in consecrated ground - and that the definition of that is that it is consecrated by all their Babylonian rituals. ( tradition ) ( salvation ) ( death cult ) ( burials )
154) False man made burial rites of no importance - according to the Orthodox rites and service of burial (Nekrosimos). (anything about funerals is an emotive issue). ( tradition ) ( salvation ) ( death cult ) ( burials )
155) The (so called) Church may deny a burial on Orthodox land to those who have committed a sin such as blasphemy, suicide, denial of their faith etc. In other words refusing to bury a person if he became a real Christian (for instance). Pure heresy and manipulation. What is more - if they deny mortal sin or "works of the flesh" and all sin is the same, why forbid burial in this way? ( tradition ) ( salvation ) ( death cult ) ( burials )
156) The ovum of Mary must definitely have been used in Christ's conception - so far as I understand Orthodoxy insists that you must believe that the actual ovum of Mary was used in the conception of Christ ( the prophecy quoting thy "seed" does not necessarily mean "her ovum") and not that his conception was entirely miraculous but in her womb without the ovum used. I am not denying her ovum was used, but I do question forcing young believers to form a definite doctrine on this. To them it is an essential or more central issue as to them the hypostatic union heals corporate human nature. The belief that Mary's ovum must be used is of less controversy as they do not believe in original sin, (Catholics believe the conception of Mary herself was miraculous). ( Mary ) ( salvation )
157) Beards and the clergy - so what are they actually saying? Only the clergy should have beards, or all Orthodox men? And is the old covenant law on beards still here, including not trimming the edges? It might be interesting to find out how many bishops of Rome had beards before the 1054 split. It is part of Messianic Judaism to keep these beard laws when the new testament calls the old law done away (2 Cor 3), and an emphasis on how the Orthodox have never understood the covenants of God. ( gurus ) ( LAW ) ( inverse Babylonization )
158) Ordination gives Authority to teach - Holy Spirit as our personal guide and teacher (Protestant / Evangelical) versus ordination. ( authority ) ( LAW )
159) Mystification of doctrine: - bible says to be clear. ( mystery babylon ) ( LAW ) ( inverse Babylonization )
160) The "laity" - Jesus says "you are all brethren". This is the root of Scofield's interpretation of Nicolaitan heresy which contains Nico - lording / power over - laitan (laos) - the laity, The Orthodox often say this was a sex cult started by the Nicholas of the bible (more forgery of history by them). ( inverse Babylonization )
( early cults - Laodicean ) ( authority )
161) The 7 Sins of Rome (Rev 18:1-24):
1) "The fruits that thy soul lusted after" - world wide trade in artefacts, and dainty and goodly things.
2) pretentious religious music, in the case of Orthodoxy (a daughter of Rome) this takes the form of chanting not singing. Chanting heresy is supposed to fool you into thinking it is holy. etc.
3) craftsman - idols, church finery etc
4) millstone - the mass bread
5) candle burning rituals
6) bride and groom - marriage falsely termed a sacrament
7) thy sorceries - the witchcraft of her heresies and practices.
162) It is an oxymoronic religion - (perhaps more than any other sect claiming to be Christian)
163) No work on Sunday?? - Catholics say you should not work on Sunday, except for a few exceptions they make, like perhaps doctors on call, or workers in an electrical power-plant etc. The Orthodox are more cagey on this and I have yet to extract a definitive answer. The (erroneous) doctrine is in effect treating Sunday as a "new sabbath" but less draconian. The Christian sabbath is eternal (Hebrews 4) earned for believers by Christ.
164) The Anathemas - (eg of the synod Constantinople): the heresy of declaring people anathema over calendar issues, but themselves bringing on themselves the anathema of God promised in Galatians 1:6-9 by preaching their false gospel of works and sacerdotalism.
165) Religious Colonialism by land buying.
The church is the second-largest landowner in Greece, after the state, with about 130,000 hectares.
166) Infallible traditions of the church in general - be honest with yourself..... if just one of the criticisms I make on this website about Orthodoxy and traditions is true, then their entire "infallible church traditions" idea drops to pieces. It is an "infallible heresy".
167) Churches being autocephalous and non autocephalous - (of an Eastern Christian Church) appointing its own head, not subject to the authority of an external patriarch or archbishop. The Orthodox Church in America (OCA) for instance is not recognized as an autocephalous church. In Evangelicalism there is ONE church, that is the body of Christ. A bishop is not an overseer anywhere in the new testament of one or several countries. The Apostles were church planters and had special authority from God and Orthodoxy does not claim they are apostles.
Angel heresies: x3.
168) That angels are superior in nature and intelligence to man - wrong as we are the sons of God, they are not.
169) Unprovable Angelic order (tagmata):
170) In the Orthodox worship, every Monday is dedicated to the angels.
171) Hank Hanegraaff and the Fifty Fifty Cult:
he preaches a mongrel Faith and is not put in his place. because of the sin of respect of persons
Hank Hanegraaff's apostasy from the Protestant Faith into Eastern Orthodoxy is of significance more because he is highlighting a new wave of heresy in the Orthodox religion, that might be best called "the fifty fifty cult" were the Orthodox do not exercise the discipline that is supposed to characterize their church, and allow people like Hank to preach a shape shifting new potpourri religion that is neither Evangelical, nor Orthodox. So just remember - every time you hear him preaching he is living proof of a lack of discipline in the Orthodoxy Faith (proof they are not in the Spirit in itself), and that they allow their novice proselytes to preach what amounts to a new fifty fifty cult that is neither Protestantism nor Eastern Orthodoxy just contradictory nonsense.
172) Mysticism. quote: "The premise of all mysticism is that experiential knowledge of God takes preference over doctrinal understanding of the character and being of God because of the transcendent nature of God. One of the ways mysticism gained a foothold in Eastern Orthodoxy was by the emphasis of certain Orthodox “Church Fathers” upon the “way of negation” also known as “apophatic”1 theology."
173) The strange tradition of "Crowning" in their marriage ceremony was probably introduced into their religion to let them say "Are we not all crowned when we marry" in order to justify their absurdly proud practice of putting crowns on bishop's heads.
174) Female deacons, nuns, abbesses etc, justified partly by their false believe several females they see as saints were "equal to the apostles". Women were anointed by the Spirit at Pentecost. that does not however mean they are to be deacons.
175) Liturgy and restriction of languages - Liturgies and "services" prior to the 9th century were in Greek only, the Catholics claim Latin (perhaps a division in the Empire halves, or.... someone among them is lying) only later other specific languages were introduced. This is worth researching as if its true two distinct languages were used it almost inevitably was a sign a rift would occur by 1054.
176) Sycophancy to political figures, kings and queens.
This sin has pervaded their faith to saturation level, from the days of the mass murderer Emperor Constantine, to the fawning of modern day Russians toward President Vladimir Putin. It is deadly heresy, as it is not the fulfilment of Romans 13 in that it does not so much recognize figures like Pharaoh and Nebuchadnezzar etc can be used by God just as the Assyrian were in Isaiah 10, but rather exalts these political figures to the level of David, Samson, Gideon or Joshua, which they never are.
177) Evolutionism is taught by many (under pressure from the state) they are cowards in the face of secular persecution. They are not put in their place for this and repudiated and disciplined. Chi;dren are being indoctrinated with illogical pseudoscience.
178) Homosexuality is accepted by many as "biblical" (under pressure from the state ) some of their bishops are cowards in the face of secular persecution, and are not being reprimanded and put in their place.
180) Giving babies and children alcohol.
61) They deny Christ died as a substitute sacrifice .
The Evangelical and Protestant gospel is found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and Luke 24:44-48, and is belief in Christ crucified, buried and resurrected for salvation, repentance always being present to distinguish the belief as genuine. not some "mouthed prayer" or vain acceptance of the gift of salvation in Christ. it at no time includes the concept of "a substitute sacrifice". As the issue is therefore neutral to salvation (that is a person can choose to have no doctrine on it and be in a condition of salvation) is not an Orthodox heresy or error therefore to chose not to accept it, but what is an error and a heresy is their outright statement that salvation is not a gift earned solely by Jesus, and their technique of always presenting that theme of the Protestant gospel as inexorably connected to the theme of a substitute sacrifice (which it is not). ( salvation )
Hebrews tells us that "the blood of bulls and of goats cannot take away sin". Thus all the temple sacrifices of the old testament in the temple, and the yearly sacrifice for sins, could not take sin away in themselves other than by the mercy of Christ. The sacrifice of Christ himself however can take away sins, and REPLACES (or SUBSTITUTES) the clearly symbolic sacrifices of the old covenant that centre in the forgiving power of the blood of Jesus.
62) They deny Jesus was a ransom sacrifice .
Once again the Orthodox say the concept of "a ransom sacrifice" is inextricably linked with the Protestant / Evangelical "Jesus Saves Gospel", when as we have seen "the simplicity of the gospel of Christ" in I Cor 15:1-4, Luke 24:44-48, makes not mention of it, thus a doctrine on it is not necessary for salvation. This is tactic is adopted by Orthodoxy in order to cause confusion over the two diametric beliefs about this, that is
1) The ransom was paid to God.
2) The ransom was paid to Satan (as symbolically represented in the book "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"?)
And whether it is ever wise to add it to the gospel message at all. ( salvation )
note: The Orthodox falsely add both the "The substitute sacrifice" and "The ransom sacrifice" themes to the Protestant Gospel in order to cloud the central issue, that in Orthodoxy Jesus did not secure salvation for the believer in his death and resurrection, but it was only part of a synergy or "process of salvation". whereas in Protestantism he did secure our actual salvation, presented as "the gift of God" to the believer on belief.
63) They deny the imputation of the righteousness of Christ to the believer, and the concept of "The Lord our righteousness."
Again, this is not specifically mention in the "Jesus Saves Gospel". A new believer or "babe in Christ" does not have to specify a doctrine on this issue, to be in a present state of salvation through belief in (to "trust in" and "rely upon") Christ. Do I believe the only righteousness I have is that given me as a gift through Christ? And that his righteousness "exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees"? Yes. But I do not believe it is a specific doctrine to be believed or professed to be in a state of salvation, that is if you died then and there you would be saved by Christ because of his finished work on Calvary and his resurrection.
( salvation )
64) The descent into Hell of Christ, between his burial and resurrection (superfluous add on doctrine).
To keep the so called Catholic Faith and be saved, you must believe their view of the "descent into Hell." It seem to me they are actually adding this into their "process of salvation" but it needs more clarification about how many of them would say that. This difficult and convoluted subject is definitely (stress definitely) not to be added into the simplicity of the "Jesus Saves Gospel" though it occurs between the death and resurrection periods.
In the Protestant Faith there are references to this, but several entirely different interpretations about what "he descended into Hell" means. It includes sometimes the concept that Christ supposedly preached the gospel (before it was even completed) to those who died in the time of Noah, as if it was a "second chance for salvation".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrowing_of_Hell (salvation )
Notably on the topic it is believed by many Protestants Jesus did not preach in Hell to those who died at the time of Noah, but, rather, that Jesus anointed Noah to preach at the time the Ark was being prepared.
65) 40 Day "Churching" of a baby - a mother is forced (via tradition) into bringing her child to church on the 40th Day after birth, to force the baby into attending their bogus religious services. in a warping of now "done away" law such as Luke 2:22-40 . This is connected with the indoctrination process described in Revelation 17. ( indoctrination ) ( salvation )
66) Economy, Economia - discretionary deviation from the letter of the law in order to adhere to the spirit of the law. Only bishops have such discretion,
It is an exceptionally, staggeringly serious doctrinal issue as the concept is used for instance:
1) to justify remarriage against the criteria of Matthew 5:32.
2) It may be used on the occasion of a conversion to Orthodoxy, in order to grant recognition to a baptism previously administered in a so called heterodox or schismatic church.
3) It may also be used to grant recognition to an ordination administered in a Roman Catholic or Anglican church if the convert comes from either of those communions.
A priestly form of this is in fact the basis of many controversial priest's decisions.
( doctrine ) ( sin )
67) Symphonia heresy - what this means in real terms. is that the church sees it as practical to compromise with the state in order to survive. Two modern examples of this are that huge numbers of Orthodox bishops compromise with the state (and police force) on the issues of homosexuality and evolutionism, and the so called hierarchy of Orthodoxy, including the Titular Head, turn a blind eye to this. (note - Catholic theologians hypothesise that this is how Orthodoxy was defiled by adulterous second marriage doctrines and practices)
( doctrine ) ( sin )
68) Many modern Orthodox consider the Pope "a bishop". Sorry but if it was not such a serious issue that would be a joke. The Pope is entirely an heretic.
( people ) ( salvation - suddenly not only Orthodoxy saves )
69) Graded churches -
In real terms the Orthodox Church splits churches into about 10 kind, with various attitudes to where the word "church" should be replaced by cult or sect, when in reality they are entirely a cult in themselves.
1) Grade A quality - Patriarchal Church (eg Constantinople)
2) Grade B quality - Autocephalous Church (Gr. "appointing its own leader") (eg Mount Athos) a church whose head bishop does not report to any higher-ranking bishop.
3) Grade C quality - Autonomous Church (Gr. "self-rule"). (eg Finland) governed by its prelate, who is chosen by a superior jurisdiction, usually by a patriarchate.
It appears to me both types of churches often claim to be self governed, but as autocephalous churches appoint their own head, and autonomous do not, the true higher ranking church would be logically autocephalous, within the perimeters of their own unbiblical extraneous criteria?
4) Grade D quality - Eparchy Churches non self-governing (eg. Philippines)
5) Grade E quality - Unrecognized Churches (eg Orthodox Church in America)
6) Grade F quality - Schismatic churches - (eg. Roman Catholic - to some)
7) Grade G quality - Schismatic isolationist churches -
8) Grade H quality - Heretic churches - (eg Roman Catholic - to others)
9) Grade I quality - Heretic isolationist churches -
10) Grade J quality - Lunatic fringe Orthodox cults . ( church )
Some of the sins shared between the Orthodox and the Catholics:
71) Heathen Calendars are part of the Faith (worse than Catholics on this):
( doctrine ) ( sin )
73) A Personal relationship Mary and saints ......with skeletons (dead unresurrected "people") spiritism. ( idolatry ) ( sin ) ( spiritism )
74) They kept the bible from the people for over 1,000 years - even after the Reformation presses started rolling, the Orthodox like the Catholics never gave bibles to the people in order to indoctrinate them instead. ( bible )
75) Idolizing or worshipping of the Nicene Creed : The creed is not fit for purpose, as it does not contain a specific gospel by which we are saved (however a "process of salvation" involving works and priestcraft is not present either - whereas the elements of the Protestant gospel are mentioned). ( idolatry ) ( sin )
76) Icons, statues and other idols . ( idolatry ) ( sin )
77) Shrines ( a separate issue proving their connection to eastern religions - thus Eastern Orthodoxy in their name) . ( idolatry ) ( sin )
78) That heresy is to contradict their fake church and man made traditions, not the bible and new covenant law . ( church ) ( sin ) ( bible ) ( doctrine )
79) Holy Orders - the issue of sacraments. ( sacraments ) ( doctrine )
80) Call no man father . ( people ) ( idolatry ) ( sin
Churchianity errors :
82) Calendarization of lifestyle by a plethora of "days".
( church ) ( worship ) ( churchianity ) ( sin )
83) Uniforms, crowns, mitres . one answer I was given by an Orthodox believer is that you can buy these crowns second hand on Ebay, and that they are only moderately expensive, and sometimes amount to only "bling" golden artifacts and crowns, not always real gold, only sometimes. I am not sure how the Orthodoxy faithful would react if they knew "the holy artifacts" are in fact often a chintzy show of tacky cheap imitations. ( churchianity ) ( authority ) ( sin )
84) Ritual / rite ridden . ( idolatry ) ( salvation ) ( churchianity ) ( sin )
( sorcery ) . (separate issue to Traditions - but part of it)
85) Fasting before men : So much fasting they are borderline vegan for about half the year! This really does fit in with the commandment not to say "Touch not! Taste not!" . Fast Wednesday and Friday just about all year, so they can disobey Christs commandment to fast in secret. ( churchianity ) ( hypocrisy )
86) Extraneous baptismal requirements / doctrines : (must believe heresy, and an avalanche of more insignificant doctrines "what doth now prevent me?") eg harrowing of hell and deny filioque . ( doctrine ) ( salvation )
87) Godparent indoctrinators . The parents are assigned the duty of indoctrinating their children, but so called "godparents" (found nowhere in scripture) are people assigned the same sinful task. This perhaps also serves as a way to fish outsiders into Orthodoxy by using babies and children to inveigle them into learning Orthodox doctrine. ( indoctrination ) ( people ) ( salvation )
88) Baby exorcisms - it is jaw dropping that anyone baptized into Orthodoxy goes through a plethora of rites amounting to witchcraft ceremonies, including casting Satan out of babies and children. Adult exorcism - where they will even stand on top of people "crushing satan under their feet" like something out the middle ages.
( abuse ) ( salvation - part of baptism and chrismation ceremony )
89) False new identity . when triple baptized into Orthodoxy the person is given a new name, and is given a personal patron saint, so they can calendarize your life on a personal level. A name day is the day on which an Orthodox Christian celebrates the feast of his patron saint. ( indoctrination ) ( sin )
90) Holy water power - the Orthodox believe so called holy water has powers to spiritually clean people and places, and cast out demons. They even do it to their own churches before a person is baptized to increase the impression of their bogus priestly powers. ( ritualism ) ( churchianity ) ( sin - fakery ) ( sorcery )
(being reorganized into salvation errors area - a more important topic)
Prayer heresies x10.
91) Praying for the dead . ( sorcery ) ( spiritism ) ( salvation )
92) The dead can pray for you ! ( spiritism ) ( salvation )
93) Praying to the dead . ( sorcery ) ( spiritism ) ( salvation )
94) Vain repetitions in prayer . the primary example is The Jesus Prayer,
( prayer ) ( meditation )
95) The Cycle of Prayer . ( prayer ) ( churchianity )
96) Mary as Co-Mediator, Co-Redemptrix, hears/answers millions .
( idolatry ) ( salvation )
97) Prayer Books - automated, manmade, pseudo Christian, systematized tomes of wayward religion. ( churchianity ) ( prayer ) ( salvation )
98) Hesychasm - the equivalent of Buddhist meditation. interesting also the Buddhist idea of becoming "at one" has similarities to theosis. ( spiritism ) ( meditation )
( salvation )
99) The prayer rope - the Orthodox answer to the rosary. ( prayer ) ( salvation )
100) Aerial Toll House prayers - to help dead souls be delivered from demonic attack, in the 40 decision period as to whether you go to "Abraham's Bosom" or torment part of "Hades", these prayers are connected to the 8 Day and the 40 Day memorial services. ( spiritism ) ( prayer ) ( salvation )
**) Men praying with head covered? = long hair breaks this (priest and monks have long hair to imitate gurus and bring "eastern" peoples into the faith, but the new covenant law forbids long hair, calling it a "shame"
More prayer heresies.
101) All saints day - (spiritism) The Eastern Orthodox Church and associated Eastern Catholic Churches and Byzantine Lutheran Churches celebrate it on the first Sunday after Pentecost. ( sorcery ) ( spiritism ) ( salvation )
( churchianity )
102) The Communion of Saints . ( sorcery ) ( spiritism ) ( salvation )
( churchianity )
103) The Repose of souls of the dead ? (Memorial.) ( sorcery ) ( spiritism )
( salvation ) ( churchianity )
104) Priests, Bishops and monks having long hair - this is also technically a prayer error (head covering issues), but is an example of a sin that is not "a work of the flesh" that is to which damnation is promised. Priest and monks have long hair to imitate gurus and bring "eastern" peoples into the faith, but the new covenant law forbids long hair on men, calling it a "shame". Having long hair is not a work of the flesh, but the church strategy to imitate gurus to spiritually seduce Eastern converts into their religion is. Their hair is tied back to stop them looking like the vain creatures they really are.
105) They are wizards/witches performing witchcraft. ( sorcery ) ( spiritism )
Top 3 witches in the world according to Orthodoxy? :
( sorcery ) ( spiritism ) ( salvation ) ( churchianity )
1) Number 1 Witch (top witch / wizard:) - Dimitrios Arhondonis
fake name - Bartholomew 1
title: Titular Head of Eastern Orthodoxy, Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople and Archbishop of Constantinople . primus inter pares (first among equals) called Head of the Eastern Orthodox Church (or Head of the Church - as they claim to be the only church).
2) Number 2 Witch - Vladimir Mikhailovich Gundyayev
fake name - Kirill
title: Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia, the Bishop of Moscow, primate of the Russian Orthodox Church.
3) Number 3 Witch - Jorge Mario Bergoglio
fake name: Pope Francis
title:- His Holiness, Francis, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican City State, Servant of the servants of God. called "Head of the Church" by Catholics.(pretender to being Head of the Church, according to Orthodoxy)
note: huge numbers of the Orthodox now see the Pope as a bishop, so he is one of the top witches / wizards because of the sheer numbers he lords it over and deceives.
106) Deliberately Clouding "The Weightier matters of the Law" - there is such a thing as "the law of the new covenant' (Gal 6:2) in opposition to the old (done away) Law of Moses. The new law has its centerpiece the "Two Commandments" and the old law had for its centerpiece the 10 Commandments. To hide their heresy the Pharisees of the Eastern Orthodox Church deliberately cloud the issue of what the weightier matters of the Law are, more minor issues like the position of the hand in the bogus sign of the cross, and The Filioque are relatively minor in comparison to adulterous remarriage, war (murder) and adding works to actual salvation as a root not a fruit. One should still teach "the least of these commandments" (Matthew 5:19) but they are not on the same level as "the fruit of the Spirit" (positive) or "the works of the flesh" (negative).
note: this heresy is inextricably linked to the heresy of denying the existence of "the works of the flesh" from more minor issues like eating black pudding, men with long hair, etc, but is distinctly a diverse heresy of subterfuge in itself.
( doctrine ) ( conceptual )
107) Spiritual Whoredom - calling the mass bread "God" and bowing to it is idolatry, idolatry with icons, shrines. Theosis etc. ( idolatry ) ( sacerdotalism)
108) Two gospels save. - Evangelicals do not say two gospels save, but the Orthodox do not have the courage to stick properly to their emphatic statement "salvation is found only in Orthodoxy" they then tell everyone they don't want to judge as to whether other people are saved or not. It is yet another oxymoron of theirs. The bible says there is only ONE salvation gospel, and anyone teaching another is anathema, under God's curse! The Orthodox synergy of salvation or process of salvation isn't it.
109) Council of Ephesus 430 Canon 6 decreed deposition from clerical office or excommunication for those who did not accept the Council's decrees.
110) Massive numbers of Traditions - ( forgery )
various (authority issues).
111) Orthodoxy is the most oxymoronic faith in the world - I intend to complete a long list of dozens of their oxymoronic doctrines, including that they are pacifist killers, and believe in salvation by grace and works etc. ( doctrine )
112) Heresy of swearing oaths . ( doctrine ) ( sin )
113) Ruled over by Pharisees . ( people )
114) The Forgery of History - forgery includes liturgies, traditional stories of peoples lives, historians making things up, : ( forgery )
115) Incense thuribles - (giddy) ( churchianity ) ( sorcery ) ( sorcery item )
116) Fake miracles - holy fire is just one, myrrh dripping icons etc. Only a gullible person who passes of credulity for faith would believe in them.
( forgery / fakery / sorcery ) ( sin ) ( fraud )
117) Bogus hierarchy / pyramid system : - ( churchianity ) ( people )
118) Orthodox false prophets (as well as teachers) - ( people ) ( bible )
( Pentecostalism )
119) Ecumenicalism - (division over this) The moment millions of the Orthodox turned to being Ecumenical, the moment they accepted another "process of salvation saves". in other words they have two gospels, and if all the Popes were not "anathema" before that as they declared, their profession their church is infallible failed. ( salvation )
( people ) ( church )
120) Their version of the Talmud = the giant tomes of irrelevant dumb writings by a plethora of pillarists, hermits, bogus saints and the like, whose unimportant writings they exalt to being on a par with holy writ, including such as prayer books. ( bible ) ( forgery / fakery)
Orthodox Church America .com
Refuting the heresies of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
I would estimate over 90% of what the Catholics and Orthodox call "history" is based on tradition, and is otherwise groundless.
The Catholics and the Orthodox have forged the history of the church, and much of history in general. If this seems hard to believe take evolutionism as an example. Multi millions of Protestants, Evangelicals, Anabaptists, Catholics, Orthodox, not to mention even those in Judaism and Islam, all believe in Noah's flood, that dinosaurs were wiped out by it, and that modern science is entirely forging history. Right?
Evolutionism forging history,
The way this is done is by science totally ignoring the fact that Christians believe that God pre-aged the Earth. This is proven by the very fact there were trees in Eden, or even that Adam and Eve were not babies. The presence of rocks, diamonds, coal, rubies, etc proves the pre-aging of Planet Earth. The very fact we can see stars further way that 6,000 years shows God pre-aged the entire universe. Thus much of evolutionism is based on ignoring this obvious fact. Evolutionism is fake history.
Catholic versus Orthodox history.
Laughably one of the strongest proofs the Catholics and the Orthodox make up history at will, by the means of traditional stories, etc, comes from the fact the6y have two entirely different versions of history that contradict each other. The Orthodox helped smash the lie that there has always been a Pope, for instance, by smashing into shivers the authenticity of the Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals.
Secular historians admit that many historical figures like Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great made up statistics, and the events surrounding their battles. One female historian in Britain recently presented evidence the "battles" that "happened" at the time when King Arthur supposedly reigned in Britain never occurred, and foreign invaders simply settled in Britain without fighting battles.
The word of God or secular history?
Yet the Orthodox prefer to believe the lies of their religion about early bishops that all supposedly had their beliefs, where Catholics often say it was different bishops and they had their beliefs. The farce that
.St. Stachys the Apostle (38–54).
St. Onesimus (54–68).
are supposed to have been bishops, for instance is presented as if historical fact, when it is closer to an old wives tale.
I will include under one topic how they create the forgery of History. This is often done with a utter avalanche of "by tradition" stories and anecdotes with entirely no or little historical substance, and from this kind of thing we get their bogus line of apostolic succession for instance. It just shows you the danger of accepting stories "by tradition" for the names of the 3 wise men, or Noah's wife etc. If you accept such things as true you are opening yourself up to how the Catholics and the Orthodox have forged history and bogus "proofs" that the early church were sacerdotalists, or the idiotic idea the Apostles had the church reading long boring liturgies off bits of parchment.
TOP 10 Forgeries: (under construction)
1) The Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals. (see also The Decretum)
2) "Bel and the Dragon" and other old testament added Books.
3) Forgery of the existence of Early Bishops, and the "facts of" their lives/doctrines.
4) "by tradition" invented stories about just about everything.
5) Hiding Inquisition facts (etc) from public view in the Vatican Library.
6) The forgery of pseudo saints.
People forge history to suit their agenda. Want proof? Sure. You and I probably have one thing in common as you are here on this website. We both agree modern science has forged the history of man, and that of the whole planet. They discounted the bible, but the bible proves God pre-aged the Earth. The fact that he put trees in Eden is proof, as they take many years to grow. The fact the animals were not all baby ones proves he pre-aged the Earth also. That God created, coal proves it, or diamonds - they both take much time to create but Creationists know he did. Thus the premise science bases its rejection of scripture on is false. Evolutionism is bogus and so is the so called "science" of the history of the planet. Well it is the same with Apostolic succession and the forgery of history. The Catholics and the Orthodox have an agenda too, and by the use of traditional stories and anecdotes (that are on the same level of historical proof as old wives tales) they invent bishops that were no bishops, and transform almost all the early fathers and other people into sacerdotalist heretics like they are. Ironically Protestants could not give a hoot if it was all true (which it most certainly is not) as to them all it would mean is the Apostasy was even quicker for the Romans and Greeks than it was for the Jews before them.
The Romans and Greeks both exaggerated the numbers in their battles, lied about how wars started, lied about just about everything. Constantine tried to erase the memory of people he disliked from history - and its likely that may have included his the real Christians who were pacifists and thought he was an imposter and no Christian from the beginning.
Orthodox and Catholic forgery really begins with fake details added to the Life of Jesus, and indeed his disciples and Apostles after the ascension. The "laity" is tricked into accepting all sorts of legends, tales and traditional stories and "add-ons" about the 12 Disciples, paving the way to later invent the almost 100% fiction life stories of the early fake bishops in the line of "apostolic succession" in the 2nd and 3rd Centuries, thus "proving" a line of decent. The forgery of junk history actually involves also falsifying Luke making the first icon, and other disciples writing and using liturgies. Tradition and forgery therefore go hand in hand.
1) Famous forgery
Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals - Proving they do indeed dorge documents. This one was attributed to St Clement 99 AD. This forgery is known as the "Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals," written around 845 A.D. The "Decretals" are a complete fabrication of Church history. They set forth precedents for the exercise of sovereign authority of the popes over the universal Church prior to the fourth century and make it appear that the popes had always exercised sovereign dominion and had ultimate authority even over Church Councils.
please understand that this is a large number of forgeries, not just one ms.
2) Emperor Constantine the Great - it is proven he set as to erase people's memory from history.
3) Many famous Romans set out to falsify historical facts about battles and politics. Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great booth did the same. And YOU want to trust your families eternal salvation over lying accounts of history by huge numbers of Romans over the inspired word of God (declared to be infallible!).
4) The codices of the Alexandrian Text - are now on the brink of being proven forgeries.
5) The Decretum - In the middle of the twelfth century, a monk named Gratian wrote the "Decretum," which became the basis for Canon Law (the legal system for running the Roman Catholic Church). It contained numerous quotations from forged documents. Gratian drew many of his conclusions from those quotations. Gratian quoted 324 passages which were supposedly written by popes of the first four centuries. Of those passages, only eleven are genuine. The other 313 quotations are forgeries. [Note 8]
6) Old Testament Books not accepted by the Jews were forgeries - such as the absurd "Bel and the Dragon".
7) A large number of forgeries that are supposedly liturgies going back to the Apostles.
8) Tradition and forgery . When you look at the lives of simply huge numbers of so called "saints" and "bishops" you will see that simply massive amounts of the story of their lives are traditional stories, with no evidence, that amounts to "old wives tales history" that is forgery, not history at all. Take a look at all the things St Nicholas (who lived at the time of "St Constantine the Emperor" who was so called equal to the Apostles"). After over 1,000 years of tricking ignorant uneducated peasants (the laity) into Hell with all these lying stories of obviously fake miracles and "signs from God", the modern day Orthodox and Catholic churches try to rationalise away their FORGERY of HISTORY. So the next time you accept the name of "Noah's wife was.... such and such" and "the names of the 3 wise men were....such and such" just remember you are being roped into the forgery of history at the thin end of the wedge by Catholics and the Orthodox. Stop falling for their tricks!
If you are going to create forgeries to "prove" that the Early church was Orthodox, you had better do a good job on the forgeries, because if you do not, if your forgeries are exposed later on as shockingly naive fakes, they will prove the complete opposite, that Orthodoxy is one big lying counterfeit.
9) Bogus historical sites (all lying history)
Of course running parallel with these deceptive forgeries are bogus historical sites meant to "prove" the Christian Faith in a more generalised way. Like "the shrine of the birth place of Jesus". The resurrection tomb of Jesus, etc etc etc, indeed that is part of the whole deception process. If you can be tricked into believing, with no evidence, a place is where something happened related to bible history, then phase 2 can be put into motion, fooling you they have proofs the early church agreed with Orthodoxy on all counts, while simultaneously the Roman Catholics insist all the historical proof shows the early church agreed with Roman Catholicism, and both churches are very different in doctrine in many places.
One trap for Orthodoxy to fall into by faking a history of their religious agenda, that supposedly goes back to the early church, is that it did not take much to fool uneducated medieval peasants, and worse uneducated peasants who had been pre-programmed from their early childhood to submit to Orthodox traditions and identifying man made add-ons. In our present day highly educated society ("many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased" Daniel 12:4,) the frankly gormless level of deceit used to forge an interface between the spurious second generation of "saints" and the early church, is enough to turn the face of any educated modern Greek or Russian citizen beetroot red with pure embarrassment.
Let us see some prime examples.
examining other possible mistranslations and forgeries:
St James Liturgy
Liturgy of St James link
The Divine Liturgy of St. James of Jerusalem (1st century A.D.), celebrated once a year in Jerusalem (and a few other churches) on the feast day of St. James, brother of the Lord and first bishop of Jerusalem, to whom this Liturgy is traditionally attributed.
so called quotes by St Ignatius,
"Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."
"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.
"Come together in common, one and all without exception in charity, in one faith and in one Jesus Christ, who is of the race of David according to the flesh, the son of man, and the Son of God, so that with undivided mind you may obey the bishop and the priests, and break one Bread which is the medicine of immortality and the antidote against death, enabling us to live forever in Jesus Christ."
-"Letter to the Ephesians", paragraph 20, c. 80-110 A.D.
"I have no taste for the food that perishes nor for the pleasures of this life. I want the Bread of God which is the Flesh of Christ, who was the seed of David; and for drink I desire His Blood which is love that cannot be destroyed."
-"Letter to the Romans", paragraph 7, circa 80-110 A.D.
"Take care, then who belong to God and to Jesus Christ - they are with the bishop. And those who repent and come to the unity of the Church - they too shall be of God, and will be living according to Jesus Christ. Do not err, my brethren: if anyone follow a schismatic, he will not inherit the Kingdom of God. If any man walk about with strange doctrine, he cannot lie down with the passion. Take care, then, to use one Eucharist, so that whatever you do, you do according to God: for there is one Flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ, and one cup in the union of His Blood; one altar, as there is one bishop with the presbytery and my fellow servants, the deacons."
-Epistle to the Philadelphians, 3:2-4:1, 110 A.D.
not conforming with accepted or orthodox standards or beliefs: heterodox views.
ORIGIN early 17th cent. (originally as a noun denoting an unorthodox opinion): via late Latin from Greek heterodoxos, from heteros ‘other’ + doxa ‘opinion’.
so doesnt that PROVE its a forgery?
Hmm. These sound really late. Words like heterodox and schismatic sound like glaring anachronisms.
what we proved is, that two anachronisms in your quotations is a very strong indication that if these quotations are genuine (I doubt it) and in context of Peter (he was never even in Rome) then someone is deliberately mistranslating them. Thus it seems like proof that the Orthodox church is creating FORGERIES to try to prove a link with the first church and the blasphemy of the mass
a naivety akin to believing Reformation nativity pictures from Holland, where everyone in Israel wore contemporary Dutch clothing, were historically accurate, or Chinese pictures of Jesus as a Chinee
1) St Mark Liturgy
2) "heterodox" and "schismatic" and other anachronisms, even Justin Martyr saying "transubstantiation"
3) St Luke made the first icon
4) St Paul "had" long hair, as it mentions hair bands
5) "And this food is called among us Eucharistia [the Eucharist], of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined.,,,,//......For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Saviour, having been made flesh by the Word of God, had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh." - (First Apology, 66)