I would estimate over 90% of what the Catholics and Orthodox call "history" is based on tradition, and is otherwise groundless.
The Catholics and the Orthodox have forged the history of the church, and much of history in general. If this seems hard to believe take evolutionism as an example. Multi millions of Protestants, Evangelicals, Anabaptists, Catholics, Orthodox, not to mention even those in Judaism and Islam, all believe in Noah's flood, that dinosaurs were wiped out by it, and that modern science is entirely forging history. Right?
Evolutionism forging history,
The way this is done is by science totally ignoring the fact that Christians believe that God pre-aged the Earth. This is proven by the very fact there were trees in Eden, or even that Adam and Eve were not babies. The presence of rocks, diamonds, coal, rubies, etc proves the pre-aging of Planet Earth. The very fact we can see stars further way that 6,000 years shows God pre-aged the entire universe. Thus much of evolutionism is based on ignoring this obvious fact. Evolutionism is fake history.
Catholic versus Orthodox history.
Laughably one of the strongest proofs the Catholics and the Orthodox make up history at will, by the means of traditional stories, etc, comes from the fact the6y have two entirely different versions of history that contradict each other. The Orthodox helped smash the lie that there has always been a Pope, for instance, by smashing into shivers the authenticity of the Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals.
Secular historians admit that many historical figures like Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great made up statistics, and the events surrounding their battles. One female historian in Britain recently presented evidence the "battles" that "happened" at the time when King Arthur supposedly reigned in Britain never occurred, and foreign invaders simply settled in Britain without fighting battles.
The word of God or secular history?
Yet the Orthodox prefer to believe the lies of their religion about early bishops that all supposedly had their beliefs, where Catholics often say it was different bishops and they had their beliefs. The farce that
.St. Stachys the Apostle (38–54).
St. Onesimus (54–68).
are supposed to have been bishops, for instance is presented as if historical fact, when it is closer to an old wives tale.
I will include under one topic how they create the forgery of History. This is often done with a utter avalanche of "by tradition" stories and anecdotes with entirely no or little historical substance, and from this kind of thing we get their bogus line of apostolic succession for instance. It just shows you the danger of accepting stories "by tradition" for the names of the 3 wise men, or Noah's wife etc. If you accept such things as true you are opening yourself up to how the Catholics and the Orthodox have forged history and bogus "proofs" that the early church were sacerdotalists, or the idiotic idea the Apostles had the church reading long boring liturgies off bits of parchment.
TOP 10 Forgeries: (under construction)
1) The Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals. (see also The Decretum)
2) "Bel and the Dragon" and other old testament added Books.
3) Forgery of the existence of Early Bishops, and the "facts of" their lives/doctrines.
4) "by tradition" invented stories about just about everything.
5) Hiding Inquisition facts (etc) from public view in the Vatican Library.
6) The forgery of pseudo saints.
People forge history to suit their agenda. Want proof? Sure. You and I probably have one thing in common as you are here on this website. We both agree modern science has forged the history of man, and that of the whole planet. They discounted the bible, but the bible proves God pre-aged the Earth. The fact that he put trees in Eden is proof, as they take many years to grow. The fact the animals were not all baby ones proves he pre-aged the Earth also. That God created, coal proves it, or diamonds - they both take much time to create but Creationists know he did. Thus the premise science bases its rejection of scripture on is false. Evolutionism is bogus and so is the so called "science" of the history of the planet. Well it is the same with Apostolic succession and the forgery of history. The Catholics and the Orthodox have an agenda too, and by the use of traditional stories and anecdotes (that are on the same level of historical proof as old wives tales) they invent bishops that were no bishops, and transform almost all the early fathers and other people into sacerdotalist heretics like they are. Ironically Protestants could not give a hoot if it was all true (which it most certainly is not) as to them all it would mean is the Apostasy was even quicker for the Romans and Greeks than it was for the Jews before them.
The Romans and Greeks both exaggerated the numbers in their battles, lied about how wars started, lied about just about everything. Constantine tried to erase the memory of people he disliked from history - and its likely that may have included his the real Christians who were pacifists and thought he was an imposter and no Christian from the beginning.
Orthodox and Catholic forgery really begins with fake details added to the Life of Jesus, and indeed his disciples and Apostles after the ascension. The "laity" is tricked into accepting all sorts of legends, tales and traditional stories and "add-ons" about the 12 Disciples, paving the way to later invent the almost 100% fiction life stories of the early fake bishops in the line of "apostolic succession" in the 2nd and 3rd Centuries, thus "proving" a line of decent. The forgery of junk history actually involves also falsifying Luke making the first icon, and other disciples writing and using liturgies. Tradition and forgery therefore go hand in hand.
1) Famous forgery
Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals - Proving they do indeed dorge documents. This one was attributed to St Clement 99 AD. This forgery is known as the "Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals," written around 845 A.D. The "Decretals" are a complete fabrication of Church history. They set forth precedents for the exercise of sovereign authority of the popes over the universal Church prior to the fourth century and make it appear that the popes had always exercised sovereign dominion and had ultimate authority even over Church Councils.
please understand that this is a large number of forgeries, not just one ms.
2) Emperor Constantine the Great - it is proven he set as to erase people's memory from history.
3) Many famous Romans set out to falsify historical facts about battles and politics. Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great booth did the same. And YOU want to trust your families eternal salvation over lying accounts of history by huge numbers of Romans over the inspired word of God (declared to be infallible!).
4) The codices of the Alexandrian Text - are now on the brink of being proven forgeries.
5) The Decretum - In the middle of the twelfth century, a monk named Gratian wrote the "Decretum," which became the basis for Canon Law (the legal system for running the Roman Catholic Church). It contained numerous quotations from forged documents. Gratian drew many of his conclusions from those quotations. Gratian quoted 324 passages which were supposedly written by popes of the first four centuries. Of those passages, only eleven are genuine. The other 313 quotations are forgeries. [Note 8]
6) Old Testament Books not accepted by the Jews were forgeries - such as the absurd "Bel and the Dragon".
7) A large number of forgeries that are supposedly liturgies going back to the Apostles.
8) Tradition and forgery . When you look at the lives of simply huge numbers of so called "saints" and "bishops" you will see that simply massive amounts of the story of their lives are traditional stories, with no evidence, that amounts to "old wives tales history" that is forgery, not history at all. Take a look at all the things St Nicholas (who lived at the time of "St Constantine the Emperor" who was so called equal to the Apostles"). After over 1,000 years of tricking ignorant uneducated peasants (the laity) into Hell with all these lying stories of obviously fake miracles and "signs from God", the modern day Orthodox and Catholic churches try to rationalise away their FORGERY of HISTORY. So the next time you accept the name of "Noah's wife was.... such and such" and "the names of the 3 wise men were....such and such" just remember you are being roped into the forgery of history at the thin end of the wedge by Catholics and the Orthodox. Stop falling for their tricks!
If you are going to create forgeries to "prove" that the Early church was Orthodox, you had better do a good job on the forgeries, because if you do not, if your forgeries are exposed later on as shockingly naive fakes, they will prove the complete opposite, that Orthodoxy is one big lying counterfeit.
9) Bogus historical sites (all lying history)
Of course running parallel with these deceptive forgeries are bogus historical sites meant to "prove" the Christian Faith in a more generalised way. Like "the shrine of the birth place of Jesus". The resurrection tomb of Jesus, etc etc etc, indeed that is part of the whole deception process. If you can be tricked into believing, with no evidence, a place is where something happened related to bible history, then phase 2 can be put into motion, fooling you they have proofs the early church agreed with Orthodoxy on all counts, while simultaneously the Roman Catholics insist all the historical proof shows the early church agreed with Roman Catholicism, and both churches are very different in doctrine in many places.
One trap for Orthodoxy to fall into by faking a history of their religious agenda, that supposedly goes back to the early church, is that it did not take much to fool uneducated medieval peasants, and worse uneducated peasants who had been pre-programmed from their early childhood to submit to Orthodox traditions and identifying man made add-ons. In our present day highly educated society ("many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased" Daniel 12:4,) the frankly gormless level of deceit used to forge an interface between the spurious second generation of "saints" and the early church, is enough to turn the face of any educated modern Greek or Russian citizen beetroot red with pure embarrassment.
Let us see some prime examples.
examining other possible mistranslations and forgeries:
St James Liturgy
Liturgy of St James link
The Divine Liturgy of St. James of Jerusalem (1st century A.D.), celebrated once a year in Jerusalem (and a few other churches) on the feast day of St. James, brother of the Lord and first bishop of Jerusalem, to whom this Liturgy is traditionally attributed.
so called quotes by St Ignatius,
"Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."
"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.
"Come together in common, one and all without exception in charity, in one faith and in one Jesus Christ, who is of the race of David according to the flesh, the son of man, and the Son of God, so that with undivided mind you may obey the bishop and the priests, and break one Bread which is the medicine of immortality and the antidote against death, enabling us to live forever in Jesus Christ."
-"Letter to the Ephesians", paragraph 20, c. 80-110 A.D.
"I have no taste for the food that perishes nor for the pleasures of this life. I want the Bread of God which is the Flesh of Christ, who was the seed of David; and for drink I desire His Blood which is love that cannot be destroyed."
-"Letter to the Romans", paragraph 7, circa 80-110 A.D.
"Take care, then who belong to God and to Jesus Christ - they are with the bishop. And those who repent and come to the unity of the Church - they too shall be of God, and will be living according to Jesus Christ. Do not err, my brethren: if anyone follow a schismatic, he will not inherit the Kingdom of God. If any man walk about with strange doctrine, he cannot lie down with the passion. Take care, then, to use one Eucharist, so that whatever you do, you do according to God: for there is one Flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ, and one cup in the union of His Blood; one altar, as there is one bishop with the presbytery and my fellow servants, the deacons."
-Epistle to the Philadelphians, 3:2-4:1, 110 A.D.
not conforming with accepted or orthodox standards or beliefs: heterodox views.
ORIGIN early 17th cent. (originally as a noun denoting an unorthodox opinion): via late Latin from Greek heterodoxos, from heteros ‘other’ + doxa ‘opinion’.
so doesnt that PROVE its a forgery?
Hmm. These sound really late. Words like heterodox and schismatic sound like glaring anachronisms.
what we proved is, that two anachronisms in your quotations is a very strong indication that if these quotations are genuine (I doubt it) and in context of Peter (he was never even in Rome) then someone is deliberately mistranslating them. Thus it seems like proof that the Orthodox church is creating FORGERIES to try to prove a link with the first church and the blasphemy of the mass
a naivety akin to believing Reformation nativity pictures from Holland, where everyone in Israel wore contemporary Dutch clothing, were historically accurate, or Chinese pictures of Jesus as a Chinee
1) St Mark Liturgy
2) "heterodox" and "schismatic" and other anachronisms, even Justin Martyr saying "transubstantiation"
3) St Luke made the first icon
4) St Paul "had" long hair, as it mentions hair bands
5) "And this food is called among us Eucharistia [the Eucharist], of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined.,,,,//......For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Saviour, having been made flesh by the Word of God, had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh." - (First Apology, 66)