98) Pope as bishop
Though related to Ecumenicalism, two separate issues. There is a supermassive division over this in Orthodoxy, linked also to whether you can wave a bishop's crozier and wipe away over 1,000 years of mutual anathemas as if they never existed.
Facebook comments by me:
Matthew 16 in Greek
PETER: "You are the Christ" (the subject)
JESUS: "You are a stone (Petros) and on this Rock (Petra - the subject, Jesus himself) I will build my church, and the Gates of Hell will not prevail against it."
PROOF: "Get thee behind me Satan!" (so Peter does not fit the profile)
1) Seems like you wanna forget that no man was called a ROCK except God in the Flesh, as in Psalm 18, and for your information Matt 16 which is clearly Jesus. And the difference is Peter immediately after attacked the whole purpose of Christs mission, was called "Satan" for it, Peter denied Jesus 3 times, and was rebuked by Paul for hypocrisy, so he does not fit the profile of a Rock the church is built on, but Jesus does.
2) Also you wanna forget that ALL the apostles (not just Peter) were called stones, and Jesus is the Rock supporting them all.
3) On the concept Jesus renamed Peter "So you say Jesus said "and on this rock that isnt a Rock I will build my church"? Nah. That ROCK is Christ, not Peter who denied the Faith 3 times"
4) So now you want to attack the Greek new testament too as "inaccurate" in its rendering. You cannot get around the clear statement of Psalm 18 that only God is a Rock
Peter immediately after attacked the whole purpose of Christs mission, was called "Satan" for it, Peter denied Jesus 3 times, and was rebuked by Paul for hypocrisy, so he does not fit the profile of a Rock the church is built on, but Jesus does.
ALL the disciples were called stones. ONLY Jesus was called a Rock
7) On Isaiah 51:1 "He was hewn from a Rock, rock represents Christ, as a bit hewn from it he is a stone"
8) That is why Moses was banned from the promised land, he struck the ROCK (Jesus) twice, like you do in your repeat sacrifice of the mass, proving you will be banished from heaven
9) If Peter is the Rock, and the Orthodox were one church with them until 1054, and the Orthodox have NEVER accepted Peter or any Pope is or was Head of the Church, it proves this doctrine is a LATE development in Catholic doctrine, and it took them many centuries to formulate this deception, and that is why they wrote the forgeries called "Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals".
10) That is why Moses was banned from the promised land, he struck the ROCK (Jesus) twice, like you do in your repeat sacrifice of the mass, proving you will be banished from heaven
11) on (Luke 7:42,43,47) Jesus forgiving Peter, getting forgiven is one thing, fitting the profile of a rock the whole church is built on is another
XXX) reply - The Orthodox never accepted that Jesus is the man called "Sprout" in (Zechariah 6:12) who has the crown of Joshua (Zechariah 6:11) the high priest,and that Jesus will pass on this crown to a succession of leaders as shown in (Zecharia 6:14) as we all come to build the temple of God (Zechariah 6:15)
12) well that's your spin on it, answer the issue of you supposedly being one church till 1054, yet the entire Byzantine Empire has NEVER accepted the Pope as head of the church, so how were you one church with one doctrine accepting the Pope as Head for that 1,000 year period. ANSWER!!!!!!
13) "Pope" over the one (sacerdotalist heretic) church was a LATE development by Rome to seize power
Vatican Catholics :
By the way, a group calling themselves Vatican Catholics say the present Pope is an imposter, and the last real Pope was Pope Pius XII who died in 1958,
They say quote "All the other papal claimants after him have been modernist heretics, and therefore not true popes." They see Vatican 2 as an apostasy.
Racism - No Black or Oriental Popes.
The Catholics like to hide their racism by changing the subject to "African" and "Asian" Popes, but if you look at the paintings of these Popes not one is a black man, and not one looks Chinese, Japanese or Oriental in general. Basically they all look Caucasian.
The Pope's seances -
it was common among Catholics to say "Saint Peter has spoken through the Pope!" such as with the Filioque doctrine. I regard that as spiritism, like in a seance.